Friday, May 14, 2010

Stress and Relaxation



Our common woodpecker visited as usual. This time my son took a photograph. Yesterday my effort produced just a blur. I could not keep my hands perfectly still. Just a reminder that as much as we think we can do anything if we put enough effort into it, some things are beyond us. Asking for help is 'okay' not something to be avoided.
It is dull, damp and cold today but we take it as it comes. We have that privilege because we are in control of our lives. We feel for those in the world who have no choice in anything, but rather are totally subservient to the will of others.
My hubby read to me as usual this morning, while I relaxed and watched the birds and other wildlife from our place by the window overlooking our large garden. It is good to share things as we get increasingly older. Yes, we have our separate activities beyond the home, but we are closer than we have ever been. Stress can kill relationships. Relaxing together eases tensions.
Later, a walk into town (that exercises my arthritic joints) to do a little shopping and post a packet and back home for lunch. Now back to writing.
I have had a great review done of my last book. That has given me encouragement to get on with stories already started — best get on with it then!
Click on the bird and it will enlarge. The woodpecker is a cute little fellow, and so is the other bird at the feeding station. (A robin I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment