Sunday, May 9, 2010

Evening Birdsong


Yesterday, as evening fell, I walked out into the garden and was transported to heaven. So many birds cooing, chuttering and twittering, outdone by an enchanted chorus of magnificent songbirds. The orchestral backing included the calling of sheep and lambs from nearby fields. A still night, the sounds came from near and far. I stood in the centre of nature's theatre entranced by the beauty of it all.

This morning my husband called me to the kitchen. Outside a mother blackbird was feeding two infants. The youngsters suddenly flew off just as my husband focussed his camera. In the blink of an eye, a sparrowhawk flew in front of the window. Had it caught mum blackbird? I guess if this bird got away, other birds will not be so lucky. Birds of prey and their families have to eat too. My joy has turned to sadness. But our feathered friends will go on singing.

2 comments:

  1. Guess someone had to be the first follower. God even makes our nights enjoyable with the sounds of His creation.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an email address in which to thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving your comment. So I'll thank you in this comment section.You can delete it after reading.
    I to don't care for organized religion. I can't go along with all the different denominational views..because as you said, it causes bickering and at times even hatred.
    I do my own reading and just try to follow the scriptures to interput themselves as I study them.
    I just try not to give up on mankind as they are God's creation also...and yes...we'll all give an account someday. I just want to hear Him say to me, "well done" and not "depart from me...I never knew you."
    Let's you and I keep visiting each others blog and keep an open mind. I happen to like yours.

    ReplyDelete